TF2
SC
SC4
Please select a game from above

Columns

FuriousCrumble
US Zack "FuriousCrumble" Koenigsberg
The Noob Report Vol. 4
INSIDER ESPORTS -- In this week’s report, FuriousCrumble will be resp...
read
FuriousCrumble
The Noob Report, Vol. 3
INSIDER ESPORTS FEATURE -- In this weeks The Noob Report, FuriousCrumble th...
read
FuriousCrumble
The Noob Report Vol. 2
INSIDER ESPORTS FEATURE -- In this weeks The Noob Report, FuriousCrumble di...
read

Latest Features

CS
Counter-strike shakedown #14
read
SC
MLG DC SC2 Day 1 Recap
read
SC
MLG DC StarCraft 2 Preview
read
SC
Fenix vs. qxc Preview
read
SC
IEM America Day 1 Recap
read

Video Games

News
PC
PS3
X360
Wii
PSP
DS
Please select a game system from above

Subscribed Threads

You have no subscriptions. Click the subscribe button on any forum topic to subscribe.

Show all threads

Thread Title:where's the love for wow?

Jayel
Quote#1 US John "Jayel" Lasak - (2 posts) - 2009-03-10 18:40:28
anyone doing arena tournament?

peawok
Quote#1 US Michael "peawok" Fleming - (264 posts) - 2009-03-10 19:52:42
I don't have WoW and have never planned to get it, but I do respect the game for just how big it is in the gaming community.

ExpliSit`1
Quote#2 US Billy "ExpliSit`1" Blumenthal - (60 posts) - 2009-03-11 13:51:23
I blame wow for killing alot of teams.

Ghost
Quote#3 US Sean "Ghost" - (96 posts) - 2009-03-12 07:09:36
I've played WoW since it first came out (Vanilla WoW). Recently quit again and hopefully for good this time (damn addictions). It was pretty fun for a while, but if you want to make it somewhere in an fps its incredibly hard to say raid hardcore. Although, it is easier to do arena tournaments and what not than raid. I just think the game is too old. All the new stuff they come out with is fun for like a month then its like... meh. Just the same concept over and over, and blizzard probably doesn't change it for the sole fact is their WoW subscriptions are still going up. IMO, blizz needs a new MMO.

ExpliSit`1
Quote#4 US Billy "ExpliSit`1" Blumenthal - (60 posts) - 2009-03-12 10:20:31
I hope and pray that WOW will die a slow painfull death

Jayel
Quote#5 US John "Jayel" Lasak - (2 posts) - 2009-03-12 17:58:27
considering how most people who want to make it in an fps will almost 100% not i like wow more. all the years trying to get up to the top in css was hopeful, but didn't really do anything for me. wow is just as much of a waste as any fps is. as for raids, they are so easy; and being hardcore at them really isn't a lot? they reset each week, and if you had a good guild they can clear all content in maybe 4/5 hours. my guild has everything on farm and we split it up throughout the week and its not time consuming. another thing about wow is the pvp aspect, and unlike fps leagues everyone resets at the end of the season. all the teams go back to equal and everyone has a chance to come out on top. unlike cevo/cal all those things, where there is different skill levels

ExpliSit`1
Quote#6 US Billy "ExpliSit`1" Blumenthal - (60 posts) - 2009-03-12 18:50:00
I have no idea what you are saying but I like your opinion on wow...i think

Ghost
Quote#7 US Sean "Ghost" - (96 posts) - 2009-03-12 18:54:09
Yeah, I agree how it isn't very likely to make it to the top in an FPS, but I hate the developers of WoW because pvp is not as good as it could be. And yeah raiding is a joke, its so damn easy, way to easy at that. I mean I enjoy pvp but its just too burst atm.

Even though teams go back to 'equal' that isn't true at all. Skill > Gear for the most part. Knowing when to blow your CDs, timing of atks, manage different targets outweighs gear so much, although having the best gear is helpful.

TheUltimateGamer31
Quote#9 US Earl "TheUltimateGamer31" Lovings - (90 posts) - 2009-03-15 02:41:23
thats why im a fighter fan ;).

Kai
Quote#10 CA Jason "Kai" Kai - (72 posts) - 2009-03-29 16:50:45
I played WoW for a bit a few months back when I didn't feel like playing CS. While it's a great game, I think unless you actually play(ed) the game, you don't really understand much of what's happening when you're watching. Sure you'd get the part where the character is killing creatures or fighting other players, but besides that, you just see different spells being casted and you have no idea what's going on.

vaLor
Quote#11 US Andre "vaLor" Lai - (24 posts) - 2009-07-18 12:36:05
I agree, WoW does break up a lot of cs teams. (Personal eperience)
I've quit the game 4 times over the past 2 and a half years.
The last time back was such a horrible experience, never playing that game again.

Live above the influence of WoW. You'll thank me later. WoW takes way too much time, to put it in perspective, it'll take about 2 months to level up and get the gear to actually have a bit of fun.

Var1ables
Quote#12 US Forrest "Var1ables" Campbell - (53 posts) - 2009-10-09 01:40:38
I'd play it if it was monthly. Being poor sucks :(

You need to Register or Login in order to reply to this topic.