Comments: Add a Comment
No comments exist for this article
Name: Michael Fleming
Location: Trenton, NJ
Owner and Editor in Chief
NEW CITY, New York -- EliteLAN has launched registration on iGames.org for their tournament August 22-23rd.
Registration for the EliteLAN event in New City, NY has opened up on iGames.org. Registration is $40 if prepaid, $50 at the door, so register now for a discount.
David 'savi0r' Park will be in attendance on Day 1 as an admin, as well as several top CEVO and ESEA Main teams will be in attendance, and possibly Kevin 'aZn' Wang with a pug team as well.
Details about the event are below:
Counter-Strike 1.6 Tournament
August 22 2009
170 North Main St Suite E
New City, NY 10956
(845) 708 5395
$40/person Prepay(paypal/credit card)- By Aug 19th
$50/person At the Door
Make Payments @ www.Paypal.com, Send money to: Frank@Elite-Centers.com
Please add Note with Payment stating: Team Name, Your Name and Alias
Registration is on a first come first serve basis.
The first confirmed teams will be admitted into the
Event. All teams must have at least 3 of 5 players
There will be NO refunds provided once a registration
payment has been made.
***Tournament is capped at 16 teams, unless more teams prepay***
-Prizing- (percentages based off 16 teams participating)
1st: - $1400
2nd: - $400
3rd: - $200
Maps: Dust2, Train, Nuke, Inferno.
CEVO Rules, tournament is run by experienced LAN admins.
Group A: 10:00AM
Group B: 12:30PM
Group C: 3:00PM
Group D: 5:30PM
Day 1: Round robin, 4 groups of 4, top 2 teams advance
Day 2: Double Elimination
LAN GUI WILL BE PROVIDED, YOU MAY NOT USE ANY OTHER GUI.
CONSOLE WILL BE REMOVED, IF YOU NEED SOMETHING CHANGED, ASK ADMIN.
Intel(R)Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00 GHz 3.01 Ghz
Memory(Ram) 4 GB
ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
****Show up at least half hour before your group time****
The following actions ARE ALLOWED during a game:
* Throwing grenades over walls or roofs
* Binding “stopsound” to any single key that does not perform another action
* There is no restriction on the amount of grenades purchased
* Bunny hopping is allowed without a script
* Silent running is allowed without a script
The following actions are strictly prohibited during a match and may result in a warning, round loss or disqualification of a player or team from the tournament:
Using the console at any time
* Any form of a script
* Using bugs/glitches which change the game principle (i.e. spawn bugs)
* Moving through walls, floors or roofs
* “Silent Bomb Plants” (i.e. planting a bomb which doesn’t make sound)
* Planting a bomb so that it cannot be defused, this does not include planting a bomb that requires multiple players to defuse
* Defusing a bomb through walls or roofs
* Boosting with the help of another player is allowed in general, but is illegal in places where textures, walls, ceilings or floors become transparent or penetrable
* “Flashbugs” (i.e. throwing a flash grenade that flashes an area where the player can not clearly see the flash grenade)
* Throwing grenades under walls
* Binding “+duck” to the mouse wheel
* Once a player is killed, their screen will fade to black. Once a player’s screen is completely black as a result from death, they are no longer allowed to verbally communicate with other players.
* External voice communication programs or software are NOT allowed (i.e. ventrillo is not allowed)
* Players may not hold the TAB key after death to indicate to teammates whether the opposing team is carrying a BOMB or not
NOTE: You MUST be able to play in any of the groups on
Saturday, August 22nd, 2009. No requests for specific start times will be accepted.
NOTE: No alcohol on the premises. Any team caught with alcohol, or illegal substances will be immediately disqualified with no refund
No outside Food or Drinks will be Allowed,
Snacks and Drinks are available for purchase.
REMINDER: All players must bring their own keyboard, mouse, headset, and mouse pad. There will be no available equipment to borrow or rent.
No comments exist for this article