ESEA Announces Season 4 Details
ESports Entertainment, known to most as ESEA, has just announced their fourth season of ESEA with over $40,000 in cash.
ESEA first began as a pug service, but in November of 2008 – the same timeframe that the Championship Gaming Series closed – they launched their ESEA League, which has become one of the most popular leagues in North America.
The official press release is below:
In November, 2008 we announce ESEA League Season 1 and now, nine months later, I am pleased to announce ESEA Season 4. With the Season 3 playoffs are just underway and we head into our first ever LAN Playoffs for the CS 1.6 Invite division, Season 4 will feature $40,000 in cash prizes across Counter-Strike 1.6, Counter-Strike:Source,and Team Fortress 2.
Registration for Season 4 will close Sunday, August 9th and the first week of matches will begin on Sunday, August 16th.
Key Changes From Season 3 to Season 4:
• Increased prize pot from $35,000 to $40,000
• Increased focus on league support to make quicker, more informed decisions to benefit the community
• Increased Counter-Strike: Source prize pot
• CS: Source Invite playoffs or final four LAN event with the Counter-Strike 1.6 invite LAN Playoffs
• Added a Counter-Strike 1.6 Intermediate division between Main and Open
• Added a Counter-Strike: Source Intermediate division between Invite and Open
Registration is now opened for all games and the entry fee is $10 for invite, $8 for main, $6 for intermediate, and $5 for open divisions and 100% of all entry fees and sponsor funds go into the prize pot. All players must have ESEA Premium in order to compete in league matches. A complete breakdown of the prizes by division and game will be released in the coming weeks.
Registration for ESEA Season 4 will close on Sunday, August 9th so don’t wait and sign up now!