CEVO Announces NZXT Challenge
CEVO.COM - After less than a month since the Creative CompLexity Challenge, CEVO has announced a new tournament for the Counter Strike 1.6 offseason.
Late last evening, CEVO announced the NZXT Challenge Counter Strike 1.6 Tournament, with over $2700 in prizes.
Registration will begin on Thursday, March 26th and close on Thursday, April 16th and the first round of regulation play will begin the following Sunday, the 19th.
The cost will be $5.00 per player for 128 five-man teams. The tournament will be a standard double elimination tournament, with matches twice a week and standard rules ($800 start money, 15 round halves, 16 rounds to win).
This is also the first time that CEVO has included a individual component with the “ace in the hole challenge.”, where players can win prizes for scoring an ace with the AWP.
More details are below:
- 128 teams, double elimination.
- $5.00 registration fee per player.
- Matches played twice a week, on Wednesday and Sunday evenings.
- Registration is open from Thursday, March 26th - Thursday, April 16th.
- Standard CEVO rules apply, 15 round halves, $800 startmoney, and teams will knife for side choice.
- Maps are de_dust2, de_nuke, de_inferno, de_train, de_tuscan, de_russka, and de_forge (Map Rotation: TBA).
- The CMN3 will be enabled for all matches.
- Teams are permitted to dispute a maximum of two players per team per match.
• 1st Place - 5x NZXT PANZERBOX Classic Series Computer Case & 5x Free entry into CEVO-PT Season 11 ($849.95 value)
• 2nd Place - 5x NZXT Performance Power 800W Power Supply & 5x Free entry into CEVO-PT Season 11 ($799.95 value)
• 3rd Place - 5x NZXT Avatar Gaming Mouse & 5x Free entry into CEVO-Main Season 11 ($449.95 value)
• 4th Place - 5x NZXT SENTRY 1 Fan Controller & 5x Free entry into CEVO-Main Season 11 ($224.95 value)
• 5th Place - 5x Free entry into CEVO-Main Season 11 ($100.00 value)
• 6th Place - 5x Free entry into CEVO-Main Season 11 ($100.00 value)
• 7th Place - 5x Free entry into CEVO-Main Season 11 ($100.00 value)
• 8th Place - 5x Free entry into CEVO-Main Season 11 ($100.00 value)
Ace in the Hole Challenge:
The CEVO "Ace in the hole" challenge is a new individual contest that will run for the duration of the tournament. The contest is open to any player who is able to record an AWP ace (5 kills in 1 round using the AWP) during an official match. Any player that is able to do this will have their names thrown into a draw at the end of the tournament for the "Ace in the hole Challenge" grand prize. If no players are able to pull off the required feat, the prize package will be carried over to our next tournament.
Players that complete this task in an official tournament match should contact CEVO|Rauch at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on where to upload your demo.
- HD3870 Sapphire Graphics Card ($114.95 value)
- Sennheiser HD201 Headphones ($34.99 value)
- Free entry into CEVO CS Season 11 ($20.00 value)
Winnings will be shipped free of charge. NZXT products can be found online at NZXT.
Founded in December 2003, CEVO is North America’s leading competitive online gaming venue. CEVO has transformed how gamers perceive online gaming, customer support, and has dispelled the notion of cheating online. The innovative model used by CEVO has transformed online gaming and has proven that it is no longer “just a game.”
NZXT, a company built upon gamer's dreams, hopes to create products that put consumers first. With the objective of designing unique products catered for hardware enthusiasts and gamers, NZXT has grown into a globally renowned brand recognized for dedication towards creating the next great gaming product. NZXT has won numerous awards from media and publications from across the globe with a product line spanning from gaming chassis, power, and gaming input devices. As a corporation formed by gamers, NZXT continues to expand into new horizons and push the limits further with each product unveiling.
You can read the full post here.